This article will walk you through all the ways in which you can manage uploaded assignments. Within the MyAuthorLab program, assignment uploads are primarily used when authors submit drafts of their manuscript or strategy work for your review. There are designated modules where this is mandatory for the author.
For uploading and sharing files during and/or in preparation for 1 on 1 sessions, the MyAuthorLab Private Session tool will be a more effectient method of collaboration. This can be found back on the Account Dashboard.
Viewing, Filtering, and Searching Assignments
Where to Find Them
- Navigate to MyAuthorLab Team Dashboard.
- Your will be sent to Programs & Assigments > AssignmentsYou’ll immediately land on the All Assignments screen, where you can see all uploaded assignments
A few things to keep in mind when viewing assignments.
- By default, you’ll see a maximum of 20 assignments per page
- Assignments are sorted in reverse chronological order (most recently uploaded assignment appears first, at the top)
- Use the navigation arrows at the top & bottom of the table to locate the rest of your assignments (if you have more than 20)
Assignments Per Page
If you’d like to view more than 20 assignments at a time:
- Click the Screen Options tab at the top of the page
- In the “Number of items per page” box, enter your desired number of assignments
- Click the Apply button
The higher the number you set, the longer it will take this admin page to load. In most cases, we don’t recommend you go much higher than 100 per page.
If you have hundreds or thousands of assignments, viewing all assignments on one page based on when they were uploaded might not be the most helpful. You can filter assignments based on the following criteria:
- Date uploaded
- Author name
- Module name
To filter assignments:
- Locate the filter bar near the top of the screen
- Click the dropdown menu for the criteria you want to filter by
- Choose a date, author, module or approval status
- Click the Filter button
You can use multiple filters at once. For example, you can filter by assignments uploaded in
March 2019, to
Module [1.2] - Assignment: Defining Your Why Worksheet, which are
Another way to locate a specific assignment is to search for it.
- You can only search the Title column, which is equal to the file name. You cannot search by author or user’s name.
- If you plan to utilize the search feature while managing assignments, you might want to ask your users to name their file in a specific way so they are easier for you to find.
If you allow multiple file types to be uploaded, you can use the file extension to find all assignments of the same file type. For example:
mp3to find all mp3 audio files
Downloading and Approving Assignments
There are two ways to download a user’s assignment.
From the “All Assignments” screen (easiest):
- Hover over the row that contains the assignment you want to download
- Click the Download link
From the single assignment view:
- From the All Assignments screen, click on an assignment to edit it
- Locate the box titled Assignments
- At the bottom, next to Actions, click the Download button
Once you’ve approved an assignment, you cannot unapprove it.
You can approve an assignment from the All Assignments screen, or on any individual assignment.
From the “All Assignments” screen:
- Under the Status column, simply click the Approve button
When viewing an individual assignment:
- Scroll down to the Assignments box
- Next to Points, click the Update & Approve button
(adjust the points first, if necessary)
What the User Sees
When assignments are pending approval, the user will see a note explaining that they have assignments awaiting approval. It is important to download, review, and approve assigments as soon as you can. This will prevent the user from assuming that no one has reviewed their content.